Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flamenco shoes for girls


Red shoes with white dots and heels, which are typical of flamenco dancing, are available in small sizes and girls love them. Flamenco music and dance are typical from Andalucia, in Southern Spain, and although you can buy the shoes in Barcelona, they are not part of our everyday culture. That is why my 2,5 year old niece thinks of Minnie Mouse when she wears her shoes. When years ago I bought a pair for one of my Italian nieces, my sister told me that she could have sold a container full of shoes at her school.

The most ancient flamenco shop in Barcelona is owned by the daughter of a great former flamenco dancer whose name is Flora Albaicín. She still has a well known dance academy in Barcelona.

http://www.tiendaflamenco.com/
Canuda, 3 (not far from the Ramblas)
Metro: Catalunya (Green Line)

No comments:

Post a Comment